The Concrete Floor Supply “Acid Stain System” is a proven method to stain an ordinary concrete slab into a luxurious looking floor for a fraction of the costs. The single component, acid based stain chemically bonds with the concrete to form various colors. Our proven system involves easy to follow instructions to help you prepare, stain, and seal, your concrete floor. Our acid stained system has become a popular choice for those wanting a stain that will chemically react with the floor and not chip or peel. Acid stain kits are available for the ease and convenience of the installer.
- Prepare the floor with the Concrete DNA™ Diamond Pad with Resins.
- This is the 30 grit prep pad included in the Acid Stain Kit.
- Run the pad with plenty of water under a low speed floor machine.
- Add a dilution of 1 part Super Blue to 9 parts water to help open the concrete pours to accept the stain.
- Squeegee water and remove from the floor with a wet/dry vac.
- Ensure the floor is clean of dust and footprints by lightly mopping.
- Let the floor dry until the surface appears dry.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 10%
- Spray the floor with the stain and ensure 100% coverage; generally 150 to 300 square feet per gallon.
- A small mock up area is recommended before doing the entire floor.
- Let the stain dry on the floor. When it is dry the stain is done reacting.
- Thoroughly flush the residue from the stain off the floor with water and clean the floor free from dust, excessive residue and footprints.
- Tip: If you run your finger over the floor and your finger picks up residue continue flushing until residue is gone.
- Let the floor dry completely overnight
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 20%
- Ez Seal can be applied with a microfiber flat mop or a 3/8 nap roller.
- Apply at least 2 coats!
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 30%
- Allow sealer to dry for at least 12 hours BEFORE applying Ez-Glo or Ez-Glo Matte.
- Apply at least 1 coat of Ez-Glo by spraying and using a microfiber mop.
- Buff with a 3000 grit double sided diamond pads if desired.
U STAIN IT ™ - ACID STAIN SYSTEM COMPLETE0%