The Concrete Floor Supply Metallic System or “Metallic System” is our unique floor coating system using a pigmented epoxy base coat followed by a coating of our commercial grade epoxy system blended with metallic pigments that create a variegated, 3D appearance. The metallic coating system creates wonderful looking marbleized floors that look unbelievable that most anyone can install by utilizing our easy to use kits.
One of the key components is to ensure that the surface is free from sealers, dirt, oils, glues and other contaminants.
- A few methods for preparing the concrete are:
- Using a lower grit Metal Bond Diamond Tool on a single headed or planetary grinder. We suggest a 16 or 30 Grit Metal Bond.
- Concrete DNA™ Diamond Satellite Pad in 16″ or 20″, 30 grit in conjunction with Super Blue.
- When using water to prep allow the floor to dry a minimum of 12 hours before applying the coating.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 10%
A prime coat is optional but highly recommended! M.V.B. is a moisture vapor barrier and will help give better adhesion and better protection against moisture coming up through the concrete.
- Use a 3/8" Nap roller and apply the prime coat of M.V.B. (moisture vapor barrier)
- Let this coat dry until it is tack free.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 20%
- Apply a coat of pigmented (typically black) Epoxy Flow 100.
- Let dry until tack free before applying your metallic coat.
- If you wait more than 24-Hours you will have to pass the base coat with a sanding screen.
Cleaning the basecoat:
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 30%
- Apply a coat of Epoxy Flow 100 that has been tinted with your metallic pigment.
- Apply to the floor by pouring the epoxy out and spreading it evenly with the Notched Epoxy Squeegee.
- Backroll with a 3/8" Nap Roller
- Many artistic effects can be created here.
- Let the epoxy dry until it is tack free before moving onto the next coat.
- If you allow 24-Hours to pass you will need to lightly profile the metallic coat with a sanding screen.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 40%
- Apply a clear top-coat of Poly 80 Slow.
- Protect area from traffic until the coating has sufficiently dried
- Typically 12-24 hours for light foot traffic
U EPOXY IT ™- METALLIC SYSTEM COMPLETE0%
Venue and event spaces
Bars and restaurants
100% solids epoxy
very low odor and VOC compliant
Wide variety of metallic colors available.
Combine different metallic colors, different basecoat colors and finishing techniques to create infinitely variable, unique design possibilities
Good chemical and abrasion resistance