The Concrete Floor Supply “Flake System” is a highly popular seamless floor coating system with many uses. This system utilizes 100% solids epoxy and color flakes to produce a seamless, easy to clean floor. Concrete Floor Supply has a variety of flake options to compliment most any color situation. This professional grade system is available by the kit for easy installation.
Prep is one of the key components to ensure that the surface is free from sealers, dirt, oils, glues and other contaminants.
- A few methods for preparing the concrete are:
- Using a lower grit Metal Bond Diamond Tool on a single headed or planetary grinder. We suggest a 16 or 30 Grit Metal Bond.
- Concrete DNA™ Diamond Satellite Pad in 16″ or 20″, 30 grit in conjunction with Super Blue.
- When using water to prep allow the floor to dry a minimum of 12 hours before applying the coating.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 10%
A prime coat is optional but highly recommended! M.V.B. is a moisture vapor barrier and will help give better adhesion and better protection against moisture coming up through the concrete.
- Use a 3/8" Nap roller and apply the prime coat of M.V.B. (moisture vapor barrier)
- Let this coat dry until it is tack free.
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 20%
- Apply a base coat of pigmented epoxy. Use the serrated squeegee to spread the epoxy evenly and back roll. Base coat pigment is typically Medium Grey or Tan.
- Mix the pigment with the Epoxy Flow 100 Epoxy and mix mechanically.
- Broadcast your flakes into your base coat before it dries.
|Broadcast your flakes using multiple high broadcasts to completely saturate your floor.|
FLOOR COMPLETION AFTER STEP 30%
- After the base coat with the flakes has sufficiently set and is no longer tack free (typically 10-16 hours) scrap the floor by dragging a straight edge or use a sand screen to knock down jagged flakes.
- Vacuum and blow the floor clean.
- Apply a clear top coat of Poly 80 Slow
- Protect the area from traffic until the coating has sufficiently dried.
U EPOXY IT ™- FLAKE SYSTEM COMPLETE0%
100% solids epoxy….not big box store ‘paint’
Wide variety of color flake options
UV and abrasion resistant
Good orange peel texture finish
Easy to maintain and clean
Easy application steps
Application kits available