Tornado Satellite pads are professional grade diamond impregnated pads that can be used dry or wet. They are available in 16″, 20″ and 27″ diameters and a range from 30-1500 grits. These pads will open the surface of flat concrete and hone the surface to properly accept a densifier/hardener and continue to hone and polish to 1500 grit.
These diamond impregnated concrete polishing pads are unique in the fact that they have a diamond resin material blown onto both sides of the pads. The also have diamond dots (satellites) that allow for a superior flat cut that no other pad can do. Many customers find that on new concrete floors all they need to get a professional polish job is to use our pads….no big grinder. In fact, our level 2 concrete polish system, was designed to mimic the owner of concrete floor supply’s experience while consulting with Wal-mart and Sam’s club. On new floors they use an 800, densify, 1500, all wet. They then buff with our 3000 grit(Tornado pad).
- Grits (30-50) are ideal for quick preparation for coatings and overlays. We consider these our prep pads
- 50 grit is excellent at removing scratches from grinding and transition into polishing
- 100 grit is a great grit to start an older floor
- 200 grit is a concrete ‘honing’ pad. It is also a great pad to start floors in decent shape for polishing
- 400 grit is what many of our customers use to start polishing if the floor has been power troweled. It is also a good grit to revitalize a severely worn polished concrete floor
- 800 grit is an eye popping polishing step. It can also be used under an auto scrubber to deep clean dirty hard troweled floor. Use it with our “special soap” to polish concrete
- 1500 grit is a the final polishing step. All of our pads are recommended to be used fully wet except the 1500 grit. This pad can be use for dry burnishing polished concrete. It can also be used for periodic cleaning of polished concrete floor.
The pad can be flipped over and used for cleaning or burnishing. There are diamonds on BOTH sides!